My Core Beliefs
- I believe that God exists eternally in three persons, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I believe that He created this world and sustains it by His power. I believe that God the Father sent His Son, Jesus, to save sinners by His atoning death.
- I believe that Jesus was born of a virgin and lived a sinless life. While on earth, He was fully God and fully man. Through the power of His teaching and His miracles, He proved Himself to be God. I believe that Jesus was crucified, that he died, was buried and arose from the dead on the third day. I believe He ascended into heaven where He intercedes for believers before God the Father. I believe He is coming again to take His Church to be with Him.
- I believe the Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity and resides in the heart of every person who has made a commitment to Jesus Christ. I believe the Holy Spirit indwells a person at the moment he commits his life to Jesus Christ.
- I believe the Church was established for followers of Christ to worship, fellowship, study, pray together, and be a vehicle for being a witness in this world for Jesus Christ. I believe that all followers of Christ should be actively involved in a church.
- I believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God, written without error, and preserved for our instruction. I believe that it is authoritative, accurate and relevant and is the guide for all of life.
- I believe that man was meant to have a perfect communion with God but sin ruined that relationship. The only way for a person to be restored to that right relationship is through the saving power of Jesus Christ. Without this, a person will be eternally separated from God and spend eternity in Hell. I believe that salvation is based on Christ’s work and not on man’s effort. Everyone must personally accept this gift of grace through confession, repentance, and commitment to Christ as Savior.
- I believe the Bible clearly teaches the need for followers of Christ to be baptized by water as a symbolic act of their commitment to Christ. I believe the Lord’s supper (communion) should be practiced regularly by followers of Christ. I believe the bread symbolizes the body of Christ and the juice symbolizes the blood of Christ. I believe that both the Lord’s supper and baptism are acts of obedience and expressions of love for Christ. In no way does either of these acts provide any special grace to those who participate or assure one of a proper relationship with Jesus Christ.
- I believe the family and marriage are God’s creation. As such, I believe God has provided clear direction in the Bible as to how marriage and the family can be successful, fulfilling, and accomplish His purposes. I believe that marriage is defined by God as a union between one man and one woman.