Growing up as a kid I went to camp each year. My time at camp had a huge impact on me personally and also in my walk with God. I know that when done well camp ministry can be a great tool to see children and youth come to Jesus and make life long decisions. I have worked in every aspect of camp ministry from growing up as a camper to graduating to being a helper, counselor and teacher. I have also had experience starting and leading a day camp. I believe that a camp ministry here in Puerto Maldonado is a greatly needed tool to continue to reach children and youth with the Gospel as well as strengthen the local churches.
God has provided us with a beautiful property that sits just 15 minutes outside of town. The property is just over 27 acres and has a small creek running through it. Although the owner was originally asking $50,000 we were able to purchase the land for $35,000. Please continue praying for us as we begin to develop this piece of land into a Christian Camp. If you would like to be a part of the camping ministry by making a donation or becoming a monthly partner you can do so by clicking the link above.
There are many projects that will need to be completed in order to get the camp operational. The following is a list of projects that we are working on. If you would like to partner with us please click the link above to give to the camp fund.
- Purchasing a reliable tractor to help with maintaining the property as well as work projects. ($15,000-$25,000)
- Building a pavilion (50ft x 75ft) for future camp activities. ($30,000)
- Building a septic system for the camp ($3,000)
- Building Bathrooms at the camp ($5,000)
- Off-Grid solar system ($8,500)
- Needed Tools For Projects: Water pump, Table Saw, Ladders etc. ($2,500)